Tuesday 31 March 2009

Seasonal Cravings

*WRITTEN BY ESPIONAGE*


Spring has begun and summer is approaching ever so quickly, which means that it is time to give your style a few tweaks to amp things up for warm weather, skipping through puddles, and tons of sunshine. I consider the warmer seasons a great chance to have a little fashion fun, and hopefully you feel the same.

I plan on working the season change into my style slowly and surely. So, here are a few basics I think are perfect for the season.


1. Pastel nail polish. I sport dark colors all through the fall and winter (I’m an avid fan of dark grays, blues, purples and burgundies) however when it comes to summertime I like to experiment with what I put on my nails, and I like to keep things light and girly. Shimmery sand colors (how appropriate!), cream and matte pinks are a few of my favorites.




2. Floral dresses. Personally I’m a fan of the smaller prints, but whatever works for you. Florals are the epitome of girly springtime. Plus, they always make me think of Beverly Hills 90210 (season four), and I always find it’s fun to be nostalgic for 90210. If you get a floral dress I’ll be the Brenda to your Kelly.

3. Bows. I know we all aren’t Blair Waldorf, and we all don’t want a giant bow on the side of our head, but bows are so feminine and fun that I like to find ways to work them into outfits. Necklaces are my current favorite, particularly something with a thin chain and delicate shape.
4. Rompers. I’m thinking this will not happen, but if I’m feeling brave over the summer I’d love the attempt to wear a romper. I think they’re so youthful and cute. Maybe a bit too risky, but I’d say they have a nice quirkiness to them.




What do you need for this spring/summer?

2 comments:

Followers